My mother often made this rich velvety dessert for New Year's Eve. Now that I'm married, I plan to carry on the tradition.
Marcie McEachern, Dallas, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Fresh raspberries and chocolate curls, optional
- In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand for 1
- minute. Stir in cream and sugar. Cook and stir over medium-low heat
- for 5 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs;
- return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over
- medium heat until a thermometer reads 160° and coats the back of
- a metal spoon. (do not boil). Remove from the heat. Stir in almond
- Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with
- raspberries and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 8 servings.