Almond Creme Recipe
My mother often made this rich velvety dessert for New Year's Eve. Now that I'm married, I plan to carry on the tradition. —Marcie McEachern, Dallas, Texas
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Fresh raspberries and chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir in cream and sugar. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. (do not boil). Remove from the heat. Stir in almond extract.
- 3. Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with raspberries and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC