- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Fresh raspberries and chocolate curls, optional
- In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir in cream and sugar. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. (do not boil). Remove from the heat. Stir in almond extract.
- Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with raspberries and chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Almond Creme
Sort By :
"I've been making this dessert for Christmas eve for years....... It's a huge success!! This is velvety smooth.... Being a diabetic, I use SPLENDA instead of the sugar. It keeps me from putting my insulin pump in overdrive. An occasional splurge doesn't hurt and it is so worth it. I highly recommend this recipe."