Almond Cream Spritz
Love spritz cookies at Christmastime? Try this version featuring almond-flavored dough and chopped almonds sprinkled on top. —Jo-Anne Cooper, Camrose, Alberta
36 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour. Cover and
- refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute
- before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 100 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a