Almond Cream Spritz Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Gradually add flour. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 100 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.