Almond Cream Parfaits Recipe
Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies—particularly during the Christmas season. These parfaits are a great way to top off holiday meals. They have a sweet almond flavor but aren't too heavy and filling.
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 to 8 maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks; gradually add 1 cup hot milk mixture. Return all to pan. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add butter and extract; mix well. Chill for 1 hour or until cool.
- 3. Add almonds. Pour into six to eight parfait glasses; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. In a bowl, beat cream and remaining sugar until soft peaks form. Spoon over parfaits. Chill. Just before serving, garnish with cherries. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 423 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Almond Cream Parfaits
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2012
"not very good"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC