Almond Cranberry Squash Bake Recipe
When my husband and I visit family in North Dakota, I bring along the ingredients to make this casserole. It gets rave reviews every time I make it. —Ronica Skarphol Brownson, Madison, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 4 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the squash, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Stir cranberry sauce until softened; spoon over squash.
- 2. Combine the almonds, brown sugar and remaining butter; sprinkle over cranberry sauce.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 239 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC