When my husband and I visit family in North Dakota, I bring along the ingredients to make this casserole. It gets rave reviews every time I make it. —Ronica Skarphol Brownson, Madison, Wisconsin
- 4 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Stir cranberry sauce until softened; spoon over squash.
- Combine the almonds, brown sugar and remaining butter; sprinkle over cranberry sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Almond Cranberry Squash Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p141
Reviews for Almond Cranberry Squash Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review