Almond Cranberry Squash Bake Recipe
- 4 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the squash, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Stir cranberry sauce until softened; spoon over squash.
- Combine the almonds, brown sugar and remaining butter; sprinkle over cranberry sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Almond Cranberry Squash Bake(11)
Sort By :
The family loved this!
The recipe sounded a bit strange when I first read it, however I wanted something other than the traditional sweet potatoes for our Thanksgiving dinner. Fortunately I settled on this recipe and everyone loved it. I too would cut down a bit on the sugar and use 1/8th tsp. of allspice in place of the 1/4 tsp of allspice. The dish was colorful in addition to being very tasty. I look forward to making it again.
This is a wonderful recipe. It gets rave reviews every time I make it. I cut back on the amount of butter to make it healthier, it's not needed.The flavors from the spices make this dish such a delight. This has become a traditional dish for my family at Thanksgiving. Such pretty colors it adds to the table.
This is my favorite way to fix butternut squash now. Everyone loves it.
It was delicious and everyone loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >