Almond Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This homemade sauce is scrumptious served over pound cake. It's nice for when company's coming because it can be made ahead of time.—Doris Eastlund, Isanti, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and sliced
- Whipped topping
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water and apricot preserves. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until cranberries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in almonds and lemon juice. Serve over pound cake. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 85 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC