Almond Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This homemade sauce is scrumptious served over pound cake. It's nice for when company's coming because it can be made ahead of time.—Doris Eastlund, Isanti, Minnesota
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and sliced
- Whipped topping
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water and apricot preserves. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until cranberries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in almonds and lemon juice. Serve over pound cake. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 85 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Almond Cranberry Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC