Almond Cranberry Sauce Recipe
This homemade sauce is scrumptious served over pound cake. It's nice for when company's coming because it can be made ahead of time.Doris Eastlund, Isanti, Minnesota
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and sliced
- Whipped topping
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water and apricot preserves. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until cranberries pop, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in almonds and lemon juice. Serve over pound cake. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Almond Cranberry Sauce in Country Woman November/December 2002, p35
Reviews for Almond Cranberry Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review