Almond Cranberry Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and cayenne; add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the cranberries, water, brown sugar, vinegar and orange peel. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 330 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Almond Cranberry Chicken
"If you are lucky enough to be close to a Trader Joe's, I don't like fresh cranberries so I used half-cup of TJ's dried orange cranberries (because I didn't have orange peel) and half-cup regular dried cranberries and used the TJ Panko crumbs. The cranberry sauce was really good. I served it with the Near East Sesame/Ginger rice. A keeper recipe."
"My family loves this recipe. I make it a lot during the fall when you can get fresh cranberries."
"We loved this recipe! Will totaly be making it again! I would give it five stars, but there are no stars on my rate it thing."
"This was really good. I served it with rice pilaf and green beans."
"OH SO GOOD! Great in the fall. Dish packs a lot of flavor!~ Theresa"
"This was very easy to make and was delicious."
"Excellent! Even my kids eat it!!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.