Almond Cranberry Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and cayenne; add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the cranberries, water, brown sugar, vinegar and orange peel. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 330 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.