Almond Cranberry Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine the flour, salt and cayenne; add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the cranberries, water, brown sugar, vinegar and orange peel. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Cranberry Chicken(6)
Sort By :
My family loves this recipe. I make it a lot during the fall when you can get fresh cranberries.
We loved this recipe! Will totaly be making it again! I would give it five stars, but there are no stars on my rate it thing.
This was really good. I served it with rice pilaf and green beans.
OH SO GOOD! Great in the fall. Dish packs a lot of flavor!
This was very easy to make and was delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >