Almond Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass. Press three almond slices into the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Cookies(14)
Sort By :
These cookies were easy to make and went well with an afternoon shower I hosted. My children helped make them and enjoyed how simple they were to make.
This recipe was quick and easy!
These are very similar to a shortbread cookie. They crumble too much when trying to form a ball. I would add 2 teaspoons of almond extract, but that would even make them stickier. Also, they only make about 2 dozen, unless you would roll the dough about the size of a marble. They're also not really that good tasting for all the trouble.
This was a very easy recipe with great results. I made mine larger than 1 inch so had to bake a little longer but they taste great. Next time I think I will put almond chips into the batter as well.
This recipe is a keeper! These cookie's melt in your mouth! Absolutely delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Desserts >
- Asian Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Budget Dessert Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >