Almond Cookie Cutouts Recipe
Colored sugar and sprinkles create a festive look for these easy-to-decorate cookies. A little almond extract gives them pleasant flavor. They're a nice lighter addition to a Christmas cookie tray. —Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Red and green colored sugar and/or sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg and extracts; mix well. Combine the flour, cornstarch, almonds, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until blended. Shape into two balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with lightly floured 2-1/2-in. cutters. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with colored sugar and/or sprinkles if desired.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 28 cookies.
2 each: 163 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Almond Cookie Cutouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC