As a twist to my mother's original recipe, I added toasted almonds for more crunch, taste and nutrition. —Sarah Nevin, Gila, New Mexico
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) coleslaw mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- Place coleslaw mix in a serving bowl. In a small bowl, combine the
- mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over
- coleslaw mix; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before
- serving, sprinkle with almonds.
- Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 103 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.