Almond Coffee Walnuts Recipe
Semisweet chocolate adds a luscious touch to the coffee and nuts in these morsels. They go together quickly in the microwave.
- 2/3 cup almond paste
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 72 walnut halves
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the almond paste, liqueur and espresso powder. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon mixture on the flat side of half of the walnuts. Top with remaining walnuts, forming a sandwich.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of sandwiches in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece equals 79 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Coffee Walnuts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC