Almond Coffee Walnuts
Semisweet chocolate adds a luscious touch to the coffee and nuts in these morsels. They go together quickly in the microwave.
36 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + standing
- 2/3 cup almond paste
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 72 Diamond of California Walnut Halves
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, combine the almond paste, liqueur and espresso
- powder. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon mixture on the flat side of half
- of the walnuts. Top with remaining walnuts, forming a sandwich.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip
- one end of sandwiches in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place
- on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container
- in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 79 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.