- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and extract (filling will be soft). Spread down center of rectangle; sprinkle with chips. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips, about 1/2 in. from filling.
- Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Seal ends. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush with milk. Bake 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and extract. Stir in enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Almond Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"i am a fanatic about anything almond flavored +this also hits on my love of coffee cakes."
"This is really over the top. It got a lot of comments when I made it for a brunch. It's just a little different. It takes a little time but it's worth the effort."
"This is for Katthyr000 is was going to make this with fat free cream cheese. Don't use fat free. There is too much water in it and it will come out terrible. Try low fat if you must but I never ever bake with fat free unless the recipe calls for it. Hope this helps."
"MY FRIENDS ARE DIABETIC. I AM GOING TO SUBSTITUTE SPLENDA FOR SUGAR, USE FAT FREE MILK AND USE FAT FREE CREAM CHEESE.I WILL LET YOU KNOW RESULTS."