Almond Coconut Kringles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in almonds and coconut.
- 3. Divide dough into four portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion into a 12x10-in. rectangle. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to use.) Spread 1 cup filling lengthwise down the center. Fold in sides of pastry to meet in the center; pinch seam to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Transfer to two ungreased baking sheets. Bake 23-27 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over pastries. Yield: 4 kringles (9 slices each).
1 slice: 244 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Almond Coconut Kringles
"These are delicious and a hit anywhere I take them!"