Almond Coconut Brownies Recipe
I combined a couple of my favorite brownie recipes and came up with this. My family has always enjoyed brownies and this has become a special treat.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Add sugar. Stir in the eggs, flour, almonds and vanilla (batter will be thick).
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over cooled brownies.
- 4. In another saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, sugar, butter and milk; bring to a boil. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 brownie equals 206 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC