I combined a couple of my favorite brownie recipes and came up with this. My family has always enjoyed brownies and this has become a special treat.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Add sugar. Stir in the eggs, flour, almonds and vanilla (batter will be thick).
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over cooled brownies.
- In another saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, sugar, butter and milk; bring to a boil. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Coconut Brownies in Country February/March 2000, p51
Reviews for Almond Coconut Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review