- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Add sugar. Stir in the eggs, flour, almonds and vanilla (batter will be thick).
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over cooled brownies.
- In another saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, sugar, butter and milk; bring to a boil. Spoon over the filling. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Coconut Brownies
Sort By :
"I'm gonna have to go with DOUGANDLYSA and not Taste of Home on this one. I made them with the 3/4 c butter first, but (1.) the batter was not thick as the instructions said they would be and (2.) I baked them longer (about 8 minutes longer), because whenever I checked them they never looked set and it still bubbled. I finally took them out to see if they would just set up as they cooled and noticed it was the extra butter that was bubbling up. They finally did set up, but they were VERY greasy!I made another batch of the brownie ingredients with just 1/2 c butter. The batter was thick as described in the recipe and they looked more like a brownie when their baking time was done. The consistency - especially after the topping - is a nice, dense, gooey-type brownie. They are super sweet - reminiscent of an Almond Joy."
"After reading the comments here, we have retested the recipe and agree the recipe originally had too much butter. It has been revised to 3/4 cup of butter in the brownie batter. We apologize for any inconvenience.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"ANSWWER TO OTHER COMMENTS. SHOULD BE 1/2 CUP BUTTER. NOT 1 1/2 CUPS!"
"I made them but I think it's too much butter or not enough flour, the brownie bar was way too soft."
"I would really like to make these. I am afraid to try them after the coments. Does anyone have the correct recipe?"