Almond Coconut Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in coconut.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 167 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Almond Coconut Bread
"I found that the bread was crumbly when I cut it. It was just okay. I won't make it again."
"Very good! (I did add some coconut extract & nuts)."