Almond Coconut Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in coconut.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 167 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Almond Coconut Bread
"I found that the bread was crumbly when I cut it. It was just okay. I won't make it again."
"Very good! (I did add some coconut extract & nuts)."