Almond Coconut Bread
Sprinkling sugar on top of this bread before baking gives it a delectable crunch. The flavor from almond extract pairs nicely with the coconut.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and
- extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed
- mixture alternately with milk. Fold in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake
- at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 167 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.