Almond Coconut Bars
—Dolores Skrout, Summerhill, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (7 ounces) flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 24 blanched almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press
- into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine milk and
- coconut; carefully spread over crust. Bake at 350° for 18-20
- minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a microwave, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter; stir
- until smooth. Microwave 30-60 seconds longer or until chips are
- melted; stir until smooth.
- Spread over warm bars. Garnish with almonds. Refrigerate for 1 hour
- before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.