Almond Citrus Biscotti Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground almonds
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in lemon peel, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough into four portions; shape each into an 8-in. x 2-in. rectangle on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. In a small bowl, lightly beat remaining egg; brush evenly over dough. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen.
2 each: 169 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Almond Citrus Biscotti
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.