Almond Chocolate Torte Recipe
This no-bake chocolate dessert from Rhonda Lanterman of Terrace, British Columbia has a tasty almond crust and smooth fluffy filling that's almost like a mousse. "It's so simple to make ahead of time and so delicious," she says.
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Set aside 1 tablespoon almonds for garnish. Chop remaining almonds; sprinkle into a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Beat in melted chocolate until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- 3. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC