Almond Chocolate Torte
This no-bake chocolate dessert from Rhonda Lanterman of Terrace, British Columbia has a tasty almond crust and smooth fluffy filling that's almost like a mousse. "It's so simple to make ahead of time and so delicious," she says.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Set aside 1 tablespoon almonds for garnish. Chop remaining almonds;
- sprinkle into a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a microwave, melt
- chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Meanwhile,
- in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for
- 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely
- dissolved. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Beat in melted chocolate
- until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved almonds. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.