- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Set aside 1 tablespoon almonds for garnish. Chop remaining almonds; sprinkle into a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Beat in melted chocolate until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Almond Chocolate Torte
"Super easy and totally yummy!!!"
"All I have to say is YUM-O! This was really easy to make. I added some almond extract to the cream cheese mixture. Before I figured this out I accidently added it to my melted chocolate and it ruined the texture of my chocolate. My family loved this so much I spooned the filling into small individual bowls and covered to let them set in the fridge - portion control!"
"i tried with orange extract(taste ok) and with raspberry extract which tasted amazing"
"So easy to make and very chocolatey. I took it to a party and everyone loved it. I added a little almond extract to the filling."
"I am going to make it and use Splenda in place of the sugar, low fat cream cheese and Dove sugar free chocolates. I have made these substitutes with many dessert recipes with success."