Almond Chocolate Torte with Chocolate Curls Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 12 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate curls
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in almonds (mixture will be thin); set aside.
- 3. Split each cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the chocolate mixture. Top with second cake layer; spread with half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chocolate curls. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 557 calories, 36g fat (18g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Almond Chocolate Torte with Chocolate Curls
"I will definitely will make this torte again! Really nice flavor and because I didn't know how to do the chocolate curls, I made chocolate leaves! The only negative, is when it came time to cut the cake, It didn't hold in place too well. I had to hold the layers while cutting. You need to place the cake slices on its side when serving."