“I’ve been making this recipe since the 70s, and it’s often requested by family and friends. It’s popular not only for the wonderful eye appeal and taste, but for the short time it takes to create.” —Elaine Gairy, Chester, Maryland
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 12 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate curls
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in almonds (mixture will be thin); set aside.
- Split each cake into two horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the chocolate mixture. Top with second cake layer; spread with half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chocolate curls. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Almond Chocolate Torte in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p42
Reviews for Almond Chocolate Torte with Chocolate Curls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review