Almond-Chocolate Crescents Recipe
These breakfast rolls are yummy enough to be a dessert. They look extra-special with a drizzle of melted chocolate. —Roxanne OBrien, Lyndhurst, Virginia
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. Divide almond paste into eight portions; shape each into a small log. Set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Spread each with 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture; set aside remaining mixture for drizzling. Place one portion almond paste at wide end of each triangle. Roll up and place point side down 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet; curve ends to form a crescent.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with reserved chocolate mixture. Yield: 8 rolls.
1 roll equals 233 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC