- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Divide almond paste into eight portions; shape each into a small log. Set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Spread each with 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture; set aside remaining mixture for drizzling. Place one portion almond paste at wide end of each triangle. Roll up and place point side down 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet; curve ends to form a crescent.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with reserved chocolate mixture. Yield: 8 rolls.
Originally published as Almond-Chocolate Crescents in Taste of Home October 2011, p47
Reviews for Almond-Chocolate Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2012
"excellent-both in taste and preparation(have used these reduced -fat crescent rolls for two Thanksgivings!!"
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2011
"Great, easy recipe! Varied it by replacing chocolate with a melted peach jelly glaze, then topping with cinnamon and vanilla powder."