Almond Chocolate Cookies
With crisp outsides and brownie-like insides, these cookies were a big hit when my 5 year-old son took a batch to share at preschool. In fact, kids of all ages love them.
39 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- extracts. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 105 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.