- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Chocolate Cookies
Sort By :
"These cookies are not very attractive to look at & 2 teaspoons of almond extract is too much....gives a slightly bitter taste. They taste like chocolate brownies in a cookie! If I make them again I would leave out the almond & double the vanilla."
"These were very easy, and tasted delicious. I didn't have any almond extract, so I used a total of 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract instead."
"Not happy with the turn out of these cookies. They are flat and look like cow pies! Taste good that is true but not exactly eye appealing."
"I really like this cookie. It is a very moist cookie inside. I love the flavor of the almond and chocolate. I will be making it often."