Almond Chocolate Cake Recipe
When our son and daughter were teenagers, our house was the hang-out for them and their friends. This rich cake was a regular on the menu. —Char Safley, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 2-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons refrigerated regular or amaretto-flavored nondairy creamer
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake, pudding mix, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat until combined. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the creamer and remaining chocolate chips. Cook over low heat until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 45 minutes. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with almonds. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice equals 390 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC