Almond Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 2-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons refrigerated regular or amaretto-flavored nondairy creamer
- 1 tablespoon Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the cake, pudding mix, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat until combined. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine the creamer and remaining chocolate chips. Cook over low heat until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Cool for 45 minutes. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with almonds. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Almond Chocolate Cake(5)
Sort By :
this is for PTuttle who asked what to do with the coconut pecan topping that is in the pkg of cake mix. Read the box, it must tell you what it is for. I don't buy cake mix in boxes but I would read the box if I were you. I gave this 3 stars because I haven't tried it yet. Hope this helps PTuttle with his question.
I took this cake to a group and they loved it. It is so moist. Even the person who is not into desserts loved it.
This cake is easy, moist, and delicious! It's one of those great looking desserts that is not time consuming. Guests love it. My cake mix was not the 18 oz. mentioned about, but was 15 oz...it still worked great. As far as the question of the coconut topping, I personally wouldn't add it, but I'm not a coconut fan anyway. :) And for the creamer, I buy the small little tubs that don't need refrigerated. That way they're on hand and won't go bad before I need them again. It takes 8 tubs to equal the 6T. I would also would recommend letting the cake and glaze cool completely before drizzling. Then it won't run as much and I personally like the look of it better.
I have a question. If you buy a German chocolate cake mix it comes with a packet of coconut pecan topping. Do you mix it into the cake, or do you not use it?
Easy cake for an occasional dessert at home and works well for potluck dessert.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bundt Cake Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >