- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, flour, butter, eggs, chocolate syrup and extracts until well blended. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips. Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each portion into a 12x2-in. log.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until firm to the touch. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 20 minutes.
- Transfer baked logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 1/2-in. slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down. Bake 10-15 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
In a microwave, melt baking chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over biscotti; let stand until set. Store between pieces of waxed paper in airtight containers.
Freeze option: Freeze undrizzled cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers. Drizzle with baking chip mixture as directed. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Chocolate Biscotti
"very dry and crumbly"
"We did not like this, it really had the consistency of a dried out stale piece of cake. And all it did was fall apart."
"Just got done making these...yummy delicious crunchy PERFECT! so easy as well! a suggestion I have is when cutting the biscotti is to use both hands to press on the knife, dont saw at it!"
"The biscotti were no problem to make; really a lot of fun. But the drizzle was difficult. The chips never melted so that they were of a texture where they would drizzle over the biscotti. I had to add some milk to them and then it was too runny. Perhaps it was just a case of some kind of beginner's luck..."
"We are addicted to this - even my kids! I made these with dark chocolate cake mix, then added some chopped pecans and chopped white chips into the mix instead of any drizzle on top. SO yummo! We will be making this again soon~"