Almond Chip Scones Recipe
For bridal showers or other special occasions, I often triple the recipe for these moist scones. You can try blueberries instead of chocolate chips and almonds. Or cut the dough into strips like biscotti, bake them and dip them into coffee.
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk 3 eggs, cream and extract; add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in chips and almonds. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times.
- 3. On a greased baking sheet, pat dough into a 10-1/2-in. circle, about 3/4 in. thick. Cut into eight wedges. Beat remaining egg; brush over dough. Slightly separate wedges.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 595 calories, 35 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Chip Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC