- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients; transfer 1/2 cup to a serving bowl and set aside. Dip chicken in remaining apricot mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle almonds over chicken; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Chicken with Apricot Sauce
Sort By :
"Super delicious and super easy! My family loves this dish and requests it often. This is a definite keeper!"
"This was sensational...super easy to make...it's 9p+ on weight watchers but I think you could bring it down a bit if you chose smaller breasts. I really enjoyed this great flavor I will be making this again!"
"Delicious! I made a stove-top version. Used thin-sliced boneless chicken breasts. Stirred together the sauce ingredients, using instant minced onion stirred into the sauce. Set that aside and melted 1 tblsp butter in nonstick skillet; browned the chicken breasts, then poured the sauce over them. Simmered them briefly, covered, till done. Removed them from the sauce and boiled the sauce in the skillet till slightly reduced; poured the sauce over the breasts and sprinkled with toasted sliced almonds. Only thing I might do differently is to add red pepper flakes. Thanks for a marvelous recipel"
"Everyone loved it!"
"Wonderful says it all."