Almond Chicken with Apricot Sauce
With its fruity, slightly sweet sauce, this tender chicken entree is full of flavor, not fat. "When my children were all at home, they would rate a new recipe on the salce of 1 to 10. This is one of the 10's." —Erma Yoder, Millersburg, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients; transfer 1/2
- cup to a serving bowl and set aside. Dip chicken in remaining
- apricot mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray.
- Sprinkle almonds over chicken; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Serve with reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 4 teaspoons sauce equals 361 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 fat.