Almond Chicken with Apricot Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients; transfer 1/2 cup to a serving bowl and set aside. Dip chicken in remaining apricot mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Sprinkle almonds over chicken; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 361 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Almond Chicken with Apricot Sauce
"Super delicious and super easy! My family loves this dish and requests it often. This is a definite keeper!"
"This was sensational...super easy to make...it's 9p+ on weight watchers but I think you could bring it down a bit if you chose smaller breasts. I really enjoyed this great flavor I will be making this again!"
"Delicious! I made a stove-top version. Used thin-sliced boneless chicken breasts. Stirred together the sauce ingredients, using instant minced onion stirred into the sauce. Set that aside and melted 1 tblsp butter in nonstick skillet; browned the chicken breasts, then poured the sauce over them. Simmered them briefly, covered, till done. Removed them from the sauce and boiled the sauce in the skillet till slightly reduced; poured the sauce over the breasts and sprinkled with toasted sliced almonds. Only thing I might do differently is to add red pepper flakes. Thanks for a marvelous recipel"
"Everyone loved it!"
"Wonderful says it all."
"easy to make and it is delicious."
"I was very surprised how fast this went together, great for anyone that is in a hurry, loved the flavor and will definitely do it again, 'thanks for the wonderful simple recipe. Try it, you won't be sorry."
"Delicious and pretty easy to make."
"Made this last night with peaches instead of apricot and it was fantastic. Great for company as it's easy but tastes fantastic."
"Very good, myself and my picky husband both loved it!"
"easy. Great taste. I used my mom's homemade apricot jelly/preserves and it was great."
"My husband said "It's a keeper"!"
"Very tasty. I let it marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Moist and flavorful."
"This is SUCH a delicious dish! Thank you for sharing!"
"I was skepitcal because of the apricot fruit. I love apricots but didn't think it'd go well as a main dish. I LOVE this recipe, and the sauce is fantastic! I'm so glad I decided to try it."
"I was afraid that this would be too sweet -- we were pleasantly surprised that it was not. Very easy to preepare and attractive to serve."