Almond Chicken with Apricot Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients; transfer 1/2 cup to a serving bowl and set aside. Dip chicken in remaining apricot mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Sprinkle almonds over chicken; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 4 teaspoons sauce equals 361 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.