With its fruity, slightly sweet sauce, this tender chicken entree is full of flavor, not fat. "When my children were all at home, they would rate a new recipe on the salce of 1 to 10. This is one of the 10's." —Erma Yoder, Millersburg, Indiana
- 1 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients; transfer 1/2 cup to a serving bowl and set aside. Dip chicken in remaining apricot mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle almonds over chicken; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with reserved apricot sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Chicken with Apricot Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p32
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Chicken with Apricot Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review