Almond Chicken Strips Recipe
Whether I serve these nutty chicken strips as an appetizer or entree, there are never leftovers.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Honey mustard, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt and sherry; gradually stir in egg whites. Place almonds in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg white mixture, then coat with almonds.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken strips in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. Serve with honey mustard for dipping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 pieces) equals 432 calories, 27 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC