Almond Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery, onions and eggs. In another bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; stir until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and toss gently. Stir in almonds and serve immediately, or refrigerate and add the almonds just before serving. Garnish with kiwi if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Almond Chicken Salad(20)
Sort By :
A good salad. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of chicken salads in general, as this still tasted a little bland for me, but of all the ones I've tried, I think this was the best. The grapes really add to it.....I couldn't imagine not adding them. I think serving it on a juicy slice of fresh pineapple or cantaloupe would add to it as well, and I liked the idea using greens with a light dressing of vinaigrette and avocados as a base too.
What a marvelous blend of ingredients! I served this at a luncheon and had leftovers for dinner. My luncheon guests and husband raved about it. I think their clean plates spoke volumes. I used mixed greens, dressed lightly with a vinaigrette, and sliced avocados as the bed for a generous mound of chicken salad. Delightful!!
In a pinch you can use caned white meat chicken. We don't like onions or celery. Skip the celery & use onion power. I have also put in a mold & released it just before serving.
Outstanding. One of the best chicken salads we have ever eaten!
I was really quite skeptical about how some of the ingredients would come together but this turned out wonderful! Specifically the grapes; they were such a nice touch. I actually used a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken (b/c I am lazy). Also, I mixed the last part in a mixer first, then added in the first part (chicken,etc.) and used the stir option on the mixer to combine everything. I served it on a Telera Sandwich roll which was quite good. Thanks so much for sharing! Will def make again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Salads >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salads >