- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/2 cups seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced, optional
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery, onions and eggs. In another bowl, combine the next nine ingredients; stir until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and toss gently. Stir in almonds and serve immediately, or refrigerate and add the almonds just before serving. Garnish with kiwi if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Almond Chicken Salad
"Wonderful flavors! This is now my second favorite chicken salad."
"This was excellent as is. Thanks for the recipe."
"A good salad. I guess I'm just not a huge fan of chicken salads in general, as this still tasted a little bland for me, but of all the ones I've tried, I think this was the best. The grapes really add to it.....I couldn't imagine not adding them. I think serving it on a juicy slice of fresh pineapple or cantaloupe would add to it as well, and I liked the idea using greens with a light dressing of vinaigrette and avocados as a base too."
"What a marvelous blend of ingredients! I served this at a luncheon and had leftovers for dinner. My luncheon guests and husband raved about it. I think their clean plates spoke volumes. I used mixed greens, dressed lightly with a vinaigrette, and sliced avocados as the bed for a generous mound of chicken salad. Delightful!!"
"In a pinch you can use caned white meat chicken. We don't like onions or celery. Skip the celery & use onion power. I have also put in a mold & released it just before serving."