- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Toss cornflakes with butter; sprinkle over cheese. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Chicken Casserole
Sort By :
"Wonderful flavor, almonds and water chestnuts make a nice crunchy texture to the rice and creamy sauce"
"Looks harder than it is. Very good! Nice crunchy texture. I made a few changes. Use light or low fat mayo and sour cream. Omitted the mushrooms because they aren't popular with my family. I felt like 2 cups chicken wasn't enough for the amount of mayo/sour cream/soup mixture, so I added another cup of chicken. I also added a splash of milk (about a 1/2 cup) to make it creamier. Lastly, to add a little more flavor that some said was lacking, I substituted the regular salt for celery salt. It worked. Overall it was a real hit, and I will definitely make it again!"
"At first this ingredient list looked more daunting then I wanted to try but it really is easy since most are just vegetables and I adjust those based on what I have on hand. I thought it was a nice casserole and really good for my picky eaters."
"Our Residents love it :) thanks for sharing the recipe"
"Made this last night leaving out mushrooms but adding frozen peas and carrots. Everything else was as written in recipe. It was delish! Creamy and an excellent easy meal"