Almond Cherry Pizza
The traditional pairing of almonds and cherries makes for a delicious dessert pizza in this recipe created from our home economists. Keep the ingredients on hand for a no-fuss impressive dessert.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/3 cup almond paste
- 1 package (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) cherry cake and pastry filling
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Crumble almond
- paste into a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high
- for 5 seconds to soften if necessary. Stir in cheese until combined;
- spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with chips.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Let stand until cheese mixture is set. Spread with cherry
- filling; top with maraschino cherries and almonds. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 354 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.