Almond Cherry Pizza Recipe
The traditional pairing of almonds and cherries makes for a delicious dessert pizza in this recipe created from our home economists. Keep the ingredients on hand for a no-fuss impressive dessert.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/3 cup almond paste
- 1 package (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) cherry cake and pastry filling
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Crumble almond paste into a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 5 seconds to soften if necessary. Stir in cheese until combined; spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with chips.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand until cheese mixture is set. Spread with cherry filling; top with maraschino cherries and almonds. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Almond Cherry Pizza in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p94
Reviews for Almond Cherry Pizza(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2012
Thought this was pretty good. Had to kinda home-make the almond paste & Mascarpone cheese. Also had to use one of those "add water" pizza crusts & make it, but all in all it turned out good.