- 3-1/2 cups fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cherries in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk and melted butter; stir in just until moistened. Spread over cherries.
- In another bowl, mix cornstarch, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Mix boiling water and almond extract; pour slowly over top. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Cherry Cobbler in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2015, p241
Reviews for Almond Cherry Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review