- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup halved candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture until blended. Stir in almonds and cherries (dough will be crumbly).
- Divide dough in half; shape into two balls. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Cherry Biscotti
Sort By :
"I've been wondering how this would work with marachino cherries instead of the regular fruit cake fruit. I think if they were dried well before going into the batter it would be fine. I liked it this way but I'm also thinking of dipping part of it into some white chocolate. I like recipes that have a versatilit to them."
"Wish I could change those stars! This should be a FIVE STAR recipe, but I clicked on the wrong thing and now my review is stuck with 2 stars. This recipe is incredible. I make it every year and people LOVE it! It's easy to make and so impressive."