Almond Cherry Fudge
Cooked in the microwave, this fast fudge is a sweet addition to any holiday gathering. “I make this when I need a quick treat for a school party or to take to a neighbor,” says Shellie Tucker from Hendersonville, Tennessee.
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. In
- a microwave, melt chocolate chips and milk on high for about 1
- minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals,
- stirring until smooth. Stir in the almonds, cherries and extract.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until set.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in.
- squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1 pound.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.