Almond Cheese Spread
"I love this dip recipe! It's a great way to use up leftover or different kinds of cheeses I've already got on hand," says Joan Cooper of Lake Orion, Michigan.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- Dash Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Celery ribs or assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in green
- onion and almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve
- with celery or crackers. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise; calculated without celery or crackers) equals 185 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.