Almond Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- Dash Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Celery ribs or assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in green onion and almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with celery or crackers. Yield: 2 servings.
1/4 cup: 185 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Almond Cheese Spread
"similuar to commercial refrig. almond cheese spread but cheapet and tastier and fresher!gail borczyk field editor"
"Super easy recipe & tasty! I doubled the recipe for a party. After preparing it with just the ingredients listed, it seemed to need something more so I added 1 clove of freshly pressed garlic and a tsp of liquid smoke. Made it even more tasty and it was a big hit at the party!"
"This recipe is very easy and quick. I made a large patch of it for a potluck, and it was mostly gone by the end of it."
"Great snack! I just stirred this up, my husband tried it and said I better make more. It hasn't even blended in the refrigerator yet! Thanks fir the quick dip!"