- Stir in the yeast mixture, milk and egg yolks. Add enough remaining
- flour until mixture forms a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate
- In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients; set aside. Punch
- dough down. On a floured surface, roll into a 13-in. x 10-in.
- rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Spread filling
- over dough to within 1 in. of edges.
- Starting with a long side, roll just to the center of the rectangle;
- repeat with remaining side, meeting in the middle.
- With scissors, cut from outside edges to two-thirds of the way toward
- center at 1-1/2 in. intervals. Separate strips slightly; twist to
- allow filling to show. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pan to a wire rack to cool. For glaze, combine the confectioners'
- sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle over coffee cake. Sprinkle with
- almonds. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 323 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.