Almond Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 10 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer a fourth of the bread and cheese. Repeat three times. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, salt and extract; pour over top. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 360 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Almond Cheese Casserole
"Delicious - if you like almonds. Reheats well."
"I wanted a meatless breakfast casserole and this is absolutely perfect. It tastes great and has an excellent presentation. Don't change anything in the recipe. I have made it numerous times."