Almond Cheese Casserole Recipe
My aunt, Jacquie Moore, used to make this wonderful breakfast dish when I lived on her ranch during my summer vacations from school.—Margaret Neff, Eagle, Colorado
- 10 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer a fourth of the bread and cheese. Repeat three times. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, salt and extract; pour over top. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 360 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Cheese Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC